If you purchased your website before you could point your custom URL to our servers, we assigned your website one of our URLs just so you could log into the site and poke around. We agree, the URL we gave you is not pretty, so the best thing to do is use a service like Namecheap or GoDaddy to purchase your own custom URL. And when you do, see our instructions on how to point your new killer domain to our servers. After you’ve pointed your custom domain name to our servers, you have one last step which is to log into your website (with the funny URL), and map it to your new domain. The following instructions walk you through how to map your custom URL to your website.
- First, go to your Dashboard once you log into your deal portal and click LOGIN next to the site you want to update.
2. In this example we’re going to update the site justinhoozip-site-1.hoozipsites.com. After we hit the LOGIN button above, a new tab in Your browser will be opened, and you’ll be directed to the login page of your site.
3. Go ahead a log in using the same email and password you use to log into your deals portal account.
4. After logging in, look at the menu on the left side of screen and find a menu item named Tools.
5. Select Tools, and the menu will expand. You’ll then click Domain Mapping.
6. You’ll then see a section on the right hand screen to Map your domain. Type the URL you want to map to this website. Note: Your domain must have CNAME records pointing to target.hoozip.com. If you have not done this already, read our articles on how to do this on Namecheap or GoDaddy.
7. Once you’ve successfully added the domain, you’ll see it listed under the Mapped domain screen you are currently on.
That’s it. If you followed these steps your site should be running under your custom domain name. As always, if you have any issues don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org